Tiger Woods traveled 13 time zones ahead of his home in Florida to win the ZOZO Championship in Japan. He used an M5 driver, P7TW irons and new Milled Grind 2 wedges.
This is the inaugural ZOZO Championship – the first ever PGA TOUR event to be held in Japan. Woods started the event on Thursday with three bogeys, but then made nine birdies in the first round — he won going away by three shots. Tiger shot four rounds in the 60s around the Accordia course.
- Tiger switched into a new 60° Milled Grind wedge this week
- Tiger joins Sam Snead in the record books with 82 PGA TOUR wins
- Tiger has a 23% win rate on the PGA TOUR (82 wins / 359 starts)
- TaylorMade’s M5 drivers were used by the Top 3 players at ZOZO Championship
- Moves up to no.6 in the OWGR
- 261 is Tiger’s 3rd lowest 72 hole total score on the PGA TOUR
- Tiger had 27 birdies this week, just 1 off his lowest ever total on the PGA TOUR
Tiger Woods WITB:
- M5 9.0° driver
- M5 15.0° fairway
- M3 19.0° fairway
- P7TW 3-PW irons
- Milled Grind 2 wedges 56° & 60° (added the 60° degree wedge this week at ZOZO)