Imagine winning the Open Championship at the Old Course at St. Andrews by seven shots without playing the best golf of your life. Louis Oosthuizen can attest.
“I don’t think it is the best I’ve ever played, but it was the best display of driving for me which makes the golf course a lot easier. My best golf was the 57 I shot in 2002 at Mossel Bay Golf Club in South Africa,” Oosthuizen told us.
That isn’t a typo, Oosthuizen made two eagles and 11 birdies on his way to a 57 at his home club with friends. That 57 and Oosthuizen have married. “Louis57” is the brand for his family of South African wines and a golf vacation venture, “Louis57 Travel.”
Since 2015, Louis57 Travel has been creating golf travel experiences throughout the world. They offer an array of travel packages, including their “Be My VIP Travel Guest” with Oosthuizen interactions. Louis57 travel options include a trip to where Oosthuizen won the Claret Jug back in 2010. Oosthuizen says his eagle No. 9 after making bogey on No. 8 in the final round was key in the win. This is an opportunity to follow his steps.
12 golfers will experience the following:
• Four memorable golf rounds at: St. Andrews OLD COURSE, St. Andrews New Course, Carnoustie Links, Kingsbarns Links
• Five nights’ accommodation at five-star Fairmont St. Andrews Golf Resort & Spa with full Scottish breakfast each morning
• Private luxury chauffeur driven midi-coach airport and golf transfers
• Souvenir photograph taken on first tee of Old Course
• VIP add-on entertainment options available on request include: whiskey tasting, British Golf Museum tour, Deluxe St. Andrews photography package and spectacular helicopter flights
The package is priced from $3,995 per person, flights and travel insurance excluded.
Unlikely that anyone will match Oosthuizen’s performance, but would be fun to try. And even if the scorecard is ugly, Oosthuizen has advice for after the round, “I always enjoy a nice fish and chips at one of the many pubs in the vicinity of the course. Then, the Jigger Inn is always a winner for refreshment or two.”
For more information, visit: louis57travel.com